Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Book Review: Ebook Publishing Secrets


This is a good book for beginners in the ebook publishing industry. The author uses an easy to follow, conversational tone throughout, which makes it a quick read and a great book for those not already familiar with ebooks.

In the back pages, there is a list of fifty other marketing and ebook related books--a great resource for those who want to dive deeper into these subjects.

The book itself doesn't go very deep. As someone who has already published multiple ebooks, and is well into the marketing process, this book didn't tell me much I hadn't learned elsewhere or through experience.

Some of the suggestions the author gives are not the best options out there. For instance, I have found more affordable (and arguably better quality) bookmarks and business cards than Vistaprint offers. I also pay a minimal, yearly fee for my professional website, while he suggests a host with a much larger monthly fee.

A little more research is needed--either by the author or by the reader--but I do recommend this for those just starting to publish ebooks.


This book was given to me in exchange for this unbiased review.

No comments: