Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Author Interview: Nikki Min Yeong Abramson

Today we're excited to share an interview with a recently-published Rivershore author, Nikki Min Yeong Abramson. Her book, I Choose Hope, is a motivational, self-help, inspirational autobiography. The book includes journal questions, pictures, and illustrations.



Can you give a short summary of your book? Finding hope and strength while overcoming challenges and obstacles in life, overcoming challenges, and finding the positive aspects in life.


What genre is your book? Memoir, autobiography, self-improvement, self-help, Christian inspiration, and inspirational.

Who is your book's audience? People who are overcoming challenges, especially the adoption community, and those with disabilities and in the medical field.

What first inspired your book? Friends telling me I have a powerful story and encouraging me to share it.


How long have you been writing, and why did you start? It took me about 3 years to write this book. I had not really written much before. I enjoyed writing but was not really a writer, although wrote for my school's newspaper etc. I started writing as I felt I had a story to share and a message to inspire people.

Where do you write most often? Caribou coffee shops. 

What are your ‘author quirks’? Writing to music and reading aloud my paragraphs.

What advice do you have for other authors? Write a little each day, have a notebook that you carry wherever you go and whenever you get inspired write it down, be open and vulnerable, study, and take notes of things you enjoyed. What inspires you will translate into your writing. Don't ever give up. Find ways to grab your audience's attention. 

What do you do when you lack motivation? Find strength from friends and myself, pray, listen to music, watch a movie/tv, or see a show.
What do you most want your readers to know? Trust yourself and do what your heart tells you to do, never give up, and find hope and hold on to it.

Nikki's book, 
I Choose Hope, is an inspirational memoir and self-improvement book about finding hope through overcoming challenges. It is available in both ebook and paperback formats, and in color and black and white. It can be found at the Rivershore websitewww.renewingyourhope.com, www.nikkiabramson.comAmazonBarnes and Noble, and Smashwords.

No comments: