Thursday, February 20, 2014

Resources

Although I use my own photography when I create book covers, I don't always have the pictures (or the time to take them) I'd like for my social media. We know that pulling pictures from Google search is impolite at best (but more accurately, illegal due to copyright).

Stock photography is the option most bloggers turn to, and I'm no exception, but it can get expensive to buy individual photos. The solution? Free photos from the following wonderful websites:

  1. Stock Photos for Free
  2. Stock Xchng
  3. Dreamstime
  4. FreeFoto
  5. Creative Commons
Some pictures require credit, and some have more limiting licenses, so it's important to keep note of that when you find a photo you like. Of course, it's polite to always give credit even when it's not required. 

I really appreciate these sites and the artists behind them!

No comments: